Since before I even had a blog, I was looking at other blogs and deciding what made them good or not. Which was completely judgmental and a horrible thing to do, but I learned a lot about what I liked in blogs, which helped me decide how I wanted my blog to be...
And today I'm telling you those tips! (whether you need/want them or not.) :)
- Have a design on your blog that's fun and different. I'm just naturally drawn to blogs more if they have a cute header and background...which normally, is absolutely free! I make my headers on Picmonkey, and use the backgrounds from Shabby Blogs. There's TONS of websites that do free backgrounds for blogs, Google it!
- Try and have a fun, unique writing style. Don't try and copy other bloggers, just be yourself! I just can't stand it when someone has great blog material but presents it in the most boring. way. possible.
- POST FREQUENTLY PEOPLE. PLEASE. I honestly cannot tell you how disappointing it is when you find a blog that looks great.....and the last post was written in 2012. Don't let that be your blog!
- Make friends! Interact with your followers! Some of my favorite people I've ever met are online. It shows your followers that you appreciate them, and you get to meet new people! EVERBODY WIIIIIIIIIIIINS!
- Make sure your dolls look nice and well-cared for. No one likes to see frizzy haired dolls with mismatched outfits. Do your dolls have to be dressed in expensive outfits from Etsy? No. Does your dolls hair have to be in a super fancy style every day? No. But make an effort to make them look presentable.
- Don't, don't don't get jealous of other bloggers. This tip is more for you than your blog, but don't be bitter or hateful because someone has better or more dolls/clothes/camera/followers/dollhouse. ( I could use some work on this one....)
- And most importantly, don't forget just to enjoy dolls! A couple days ago, I did a little photoshoot of an outfit that I was dying to take pictures of. They may never make it up here or onto Instagram, but I enjoyed myself .
If you made it to the end, you deserve a medal. ;)
And just as an extra-super-duper-special treat, I'll show you one of the pictures from the photoshoot I mentioned!
And this is sideways because.....?
p.s. do you like my new design? it took me forever. ;)