Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Runaway Princess Season Finale


__________________________________________

I walked down the hallway silently, hoping no one would hear me. Suddenly, voices echoed from around the corner.

"I think the little sister is just adorable, she was so polite when I helped her with her bath."

"That may be, but she does seem rather quiet.

I had to hide before they saw me. I saw a door a few feet in front of me and dashed to it, praying that it wasn't locked.

Thankfully it was open, and I slipped inside in the nick of time. 


I looked around at my hiding spot. It looked like a regular attic. But then I noticed the writing on the music book:

"Bridget Chase."


This room was filled with everything that used to be my sister's. It hadn't been enough for our parents to simply banish her, they had packed up her whole life, leaving no memory in the castle of the rebel princess.

Suddenly I noticed something in the corner.


"What's this?"


I picked it up the tattered notebook that was scrawled over with doodles. With a shock, I realized what it was: my sister's diary.

"Oh my gosh."


I sat down and flipped it open. One of the first entries stared up at me: my birthday. 

April 11
Today Ali was born. I can't believe I finally have a baby sister! Mom and Dad say she's a miracle. Why I'm not a miracle, I don't know. I'm crown princesss, after all! Oh well. Anyway, Ali is perfect and super adorable. I'm so excited to teach her to ride horses, and climb trees. It's going to be the best fun ever! 

I paged through the rest of entries, reading about Bridget's descent into isolation, and then the joy of her newfound love. From what the journal said, he seemed like a great guy. 

Finally, in the back of the journal, I found a picture. It was of Bridget and me, when I was around two. I was grinning up at her while she guided me through the halls of the palace. We both looked so peaceful and content, that feeling descended on me, too.


 I stood up. That picture had stirred something in me.

I was safe in my sister's house, free from the restrictions of the palace. I was fourteen, but I hadn't really lived at all.

It was time to discover who Ali was.


10 comments:

  1. I love it! ^_^ Can't wait for more.
    ~Leah <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooh!!! I can't wait for the next season!! Post it now!!!!;)
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't wait for the next part! :)
    ~Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeh!!! Can't wait for the next season :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't cuss. It's not ladylike.